- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Magic Johnson. Why is this duo #1 for me over Mike/Scottie? Because they won almost as many rings (5) while going to 3 more Finals (9), and because it’s probably the only time in NBA history you’ll ever see 2 guys who are both top 6 all time playing on one team, both in their primes. That’s just special.
2. Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. Hard to argue with this one, 6 Finals, 6 rings.
3. Shaq and Kobe. 3 rings, 4 Finals, with one team (2001) being absolutely dominant in the playoffs. Also, two top 12 guys of all time on one team both in their primes.
4. Elgin Baylor and Jerry West. 8 Finals appearances, sure they didn’t win any rings together, but they came close several times. Also, two top 15 guys on one team both in their primes.
5. Karl Malone and John Stockton. Only 2 Finals and 0 rings, but still… the all time leading assist maker of all time with the 2nd all time leading scorer of all time on one team! Two top 25 players of all time who played their whole careers with each other.