Here’s my tech gadgets as of present (May 2016):
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga (2016) – replaced my 2015 Thinkpad Yoga 14
This is my main / entertainment laptop now. I’ve ditched my X240 and Yoga 14 for this basically. A light, convertible laptop, weighs only 2.8lbs (substantially lighter than the Yoga 14 which I previously had), docks with a one link dock connector and wireless dock, has that traditional Thinkpad robust build quality and great trackpoint keyboard, and is convertible which means I can watch movies in 4 different modes, and comes with a gorgeous 1440p OLED screen to boot. Just perfect. It replaces my Thinkpad Yoga 14.
Asus ROG G751 (2015) – replaced my 2011 HP Envy Beats, 2015 Thinkpad Yoga 14
This is my main gaming laptop since August 2015. I hook it up to my Creative T4W speakers, Shure MV51 mic, Asus ROG Gladius mouse and Aorus K1 mechanical keyboard to do some serious gaming and video editing work. The GTX 970M graphics card just screams and it has GSync and cool afterburner LED lights in the back as well courtesy of XoticPC. It is quite heavy though, being a 17 inch gaming laptop, so it basically stays on my desk unless I have to move out.
Vaio S (2016) – replaced my ThinkPad X240
My main travel laptop now, it has everything you want. Only 2.3lbs, 13″ screen, 9 hr+ battery life, VGA, Ethernet, HDMI, 3 usb ports in such a slim and light package, etc the businessman’s laptop for traveling. It replaces my Thinkpad X240.
Mac Mini (2012) – replaced my 2012 MacBook Pro 13
My main multimedia / programming computer.
iPad Air (2013)
The iPad Air is my go to tablet for surfing, gaming, music or reading.
iPhone SE (2016) – replaced my 2013 iPhone 5S
The iPhone SE is my main camera and video recorder. No other smartphones can beat the combination of its camera + shutter speed. Plus love the small size which is what cameraphones should be! light and small. It replaces my aging iPhone 5S.
Sony Xperia Z3C (2014)
The Sony Xperia Z3C is my main Korea phone, mp3 player and messenger device as it has been since late 2014.
Blackberry Priv (2015)
The Blackberry Priv is the phone I use in Canada/US and its a great phone for web browsing/surfing, and document editing as well. It replaces my Blackberry Passport.
For playing retro Windows games
For playing DOS games
New Nintendo 3DS
For playing Nintendo Games
Sony PS Vita
For playing JRPGs
The Nvidia Shield is my emulator console and also doubles as a game stream capable tablet for my Asus! Video here:
Master & Dynamic ME03 (2015) – replaced 2014 Klipsch X12i, 2014 Bose Quietcomfort 25
These have replaced my old earphones (Klipsch X12i, broken) and my now broken Bose Quietcomfort 25s (warranty expired) as my travel headphones. Because they are in-ear headphones they are also easier to carry, and block out some noise passively which is nice.
Denon Music Master MM400 (2016) – replaced 2014 Sennheiser Momentum
Absolutely the best over ear headphones I’ve ever had, these now have replaced my Sennheiser Momentums which were falling apart as well.
Creative Soundblaster Roar 2 (2015) – replaced 2013 Bose Soundlink Mini
These have replaced my Bose Soundlink Mini as my new portable speaker, sounds great and comes with a variety of features like mp3 player, voice recorder, USB DAC etc
Creative T4W (2015)
Its my 2.1 speaker system I use to connect to my Asus, but can also be used for bluetooth, PS4, Mac Mini, record player etc alot of things it has traditional RCA analog input as well as optical in.
Nikon D5100 (2013)
My DSLR camera for serious video making. I usually pair it with my Samyang T1.5 24mm cinema prime lens.
Sony Music Video Recorder (2014)
This camera is mainly used for casual recording video blogs, music videos and video reviews. Basically my youtube camera now.
GoPro Hero3+ Silver (2014)
My camera for action shots like biking, scooter, hiking, swimming, etc
DJI OSMO (2015)
My go to camera for taking cinematic walking shots, party shots, basically it simulates having a DSLR + stabilizer + tripod + glider which is amazing
DJI Phantom 3 (2015)
My drone which is useful for taking aerial footage, personal cameraman, and hooks up to the autopilot app for more modes like orbit, cable cam and follow me.
All of this equipment can be seen in my camera equipment video here:
25 most awesome gadgets I own:
1. Sharp Zaurus C1000 (2004) – Clamshell Linux PDA
2. Sony Clie UX50 (2004) – Clamshell Palm OS PDA
3. Sony Vaio UX (2006) – Slider UMPC
4. Vulcan Flipstart (2007) – Clamshell UMPC
5. Nokia N95 (2007) – Dual slider Symbian smartphone
6. Archos 7 (2008) – Linux based PMP
7. HP iPAQ 210 (2008) – One of the last Windows Mobile Pocket PC
8. Nokia N810 (2008) – Linux based internet device
9. Sharp Netwalker (2009) – Pocket Smartbook
10. MS Zune HD (2010) – Touch controlled MP3 Player
11. Fujitsu UH900 (2010) – Pocket Netbook
12. Onkyo DX (2010) – Dual screen Netbook
13. Toshiba Libretto W100 (2010) – Dual touch screen Netbook
14. Sony Tablet P (2011) – Dual touch screen tablet
15. Blackberry Porsche (2011) – Ltd Edition Blackberry
16. HP Pre 3 (2011) – Last Palm & WebOS smartphone
17. Open Pandora (2012) – Linux based gaming console / umpc
18. Nvidia Shield Portable (2013) – Android gaming handheld
19. Apple iPhone 5S (2013) – the last great small Apple phone
20. Razer Edge Pro (2013) – most powerful standalone gaming tablet
21. Nokia Lumia 1020 (2013) – 41mp Windows smartphone
22. Sony PS Vita Slim (2014) – current gen Sony handheld
23. Neptune Pine (2014) – Smallest Android device
24. Blackberry Priv (2015) – Touchscreen / Slider Android smartphone
25. Lenovo X1 Yoga (2016) – First OLED Convertible laptop