I seriously have not seen even one original movie the past few years. All recycled pieces of junk with little pieces of filler and regurgitated information thrown about. For example, we must ask ourselves how many more movies starring owen wilson, steve carrel, vince vaughn, luke wilson, jack black, will ferrel and ben stiller must there be (in case you didn’t know, those aforementioned actors always appear in comedies with each other). I’m not gonna bother naming all the poorly-conceived movies that has to (inevitably) star them in it. World trade center is about an event that happened 5 years ago. Sure it shook the world, but 6,000 deaths is nothing when the world has already lost 60 million people during WWII. Another movie capitalizing on recent events in the trend of titanic and pearl harbour. Animated movies like barnyard or over the hedge are just shrek-wannabes if you ask me. John tucker must die is another movie for those teens and preteens just aching to see another caucasian hunk turned jerk who manages to snag 3 dates in one night. I mean seriously, don’t we get enough of that everyday, and we don’t really need a movie made about it do we? Next thing you know, we’ll be seeing a movie documenting mel gibson’s fall from grace or paris hiltons perennial breakups or lindsay lohan’s attempts to divert attention to her. Seriously though, Mr.Spielberg and crew, I really expect better from you.
1. You complain about your weight too much even though you weigh less than me (and thats pretty light).
2. You take hours putting on makeup and other cosmetics when really, you don’t even really need it.
3. You go through boyfriends like bathroom tissue. I mean its like one guy dumps you one day, the next day you get another one. Like its a fad to have to have a boyfriend or something.
4. Blonde is not a cool colour. seriously. I hate blondes (the color). And I can’t understand why anyone would ever dye their hair that color.
5. Why do you wear skirts in the winter and then complain that its cold? or wear something inappropiate and complain that people are staring at you? you asked for it.
6. If you have something to say to me, say it to my face instead of telling your friends about it and getting them to say it. This is not a game of cat and mouse here.
7. You want the gallant and chivalrous man who will open the door for you and everything yet complain that you are able to take of things yourself and call us chauvinists. I mean which side are you on here?
8. You like the tall, dark handsome men, the jocks, the muscular types, the popular types, and the cool looking ‘evil’ types. Yet you complain that all men are jerks. Go figure.
9. You ‘use’ guys to get at other guys. And you call us players.
10. You change your mind so often, its no wonder none of us can figure you out.
Here is more proof: http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-race-affects-whether-people-write-you-back/?a=1
I have researched alot into interracial marriages between Asian Americans and Caucasians (because of my indelible curiousity with this trend, I will also refer to whites as caucasians for consistency), and have found quite shocking results.
The following is paraphrased from asian-nation.org, a site that verifies its information regularly using textbooks and demographical statistics and trends. Here are the finds.
Males: 69% marry other Indian Americans, while 21% marry Caucasians.
Females: 70% marry other Indian Americans, while 21% marry Caucasians.
Males: 65% marry other Chinese Americans, while 19% marry Caucasians.
Females: 55% marry other Chinese Americans, while 30% marry Caucasians.
Males: 50% marry other Filipino Americans, while 28% marry Caucasians.
Females: 37% marry other Filipino Americans, while 41% marry Caucasians.
Males: 63% marry other Japanese Americans, while 20% marry Caucasians.
Females: 56% marry other Japanese Americans, while 28% marry Caucasians.
Males: 63% marry other Korean Americans, while 24% marry Caucasians.
Females: 40% marry other Korean Americans, while 48% marry Caucasians.
Males: 73% marry other Vietnamese Americans, while 11% marry Caucasians.
Females: 67% marry other Vietnamese Americans, while 23% marry Caucasians.
As you can see, several trends are present here. One is that the Interacial marriage rate is increasing steadily. In the case of the Filipino Americans and Korean Americans, the intermarriage rate is almost equal or surpassing that of marrying someone of the same race.
Another trend is that females are more likely to marry caucasians than males. This may be because of a number of things. One, stereotypes that asian females are exotic and obediant wives, and that asian males are nerdy and generally weak. Second, an asian woman may marry a caucasian man because of the social benefits associated with caucasians. thirdly, the need to be accepted is quite prevalent, and a woman may marry to forsake her asian past.
Consequently, If this trend were to continue, the chance of seeing an asian-american with another asian american will continue to decrease, and be quite rare. The sense of cultural identity may also be lost with it. There is no sexism or racism associated with this post. It is simply an accurate representation of current trends within asian-american and caucasian races.
Please comment with what you think.