Just got back from Eastern Europe. A well needed 2 weeks of break from the constant busy life of Seoul. I chose eastern europe because it was not as well-travelled as western europe and indeed quite underrated. There’s many very beautiful cities, many cities torn by previous warfare and a lot of history. In addition there’s lots of friendly people, MUCH cheaper than Western Europe (hot dog was only 50 cents in Prague), and much safer than you would think.
I chose the following places (alone): Prague, Czech Republic – Vienna, Austria – Budapest, Hungary – Split, Croatia – Mostar, Bosnia – Belgrade, Serbia – Istanbul, Turkey. 7 countries in 2 weeks. I had to take 6 flights, one train and 2 buses. Quite hectic and lots of walking. IT wasn’t as bad as I thought though. Most of my pictures were taken with a selfie stick and a gorilla tripod. And people there speak decent enough English to get by. Here’s some pictures:
If I had to rank my experience I would rank it:
1. Split, Croatia 스플리트 (weather, scenery, history, good food, everything u could want in a tourist destination)
2. Prague, Czech Rep 프라하 (a little bit over Budapest because it’s easier to walk, but great city)
3. Budapest, Hungary 부다페스트 (party capital of Central Europe I think. Good times are to be had)
4. Istanbul, Turkey 이스탄불 (a great city to live in, but overwhelming for a traveler. Other parts of Turkey may be better for tourists)
5. Belgrade, Serbia 벨그라드 (the most friendly place I’ve been in, but not as many sights to see as other places)
6. Mostar, Bosnia 모스타르 (one great landmark, and not much else)
7. Vienna, Austria 빈 (thoroughly disappointing, too modern and expensive)
I also wanted to travel to more places but didn’t have time. Other Eastern Europe places I had to cut out – Dubrovnik, Croatia – Krakow, Poland – St Petersburg, Russia – Riga, Latvia – Kiev, Ukraine – Sarajevo, Bosnia – Slovenia – Bratislava, Slovakia – Sofia, Bulgaria – Bucharest, Romania. Montenegro. Oh well, maybe next time.
Next places on my travel list:
1. Tokyo, Japan
2. Taipei, Taiwan
3. Shanghai, China (again)
4. Tunis, Tunisia
5. Baku, Azerbajian
6. Bangkok, Thailand
8. Venice, Italy
9. St Petersburg, Russia
10. Alexandria, Egypt
And yeah… thats my Europe trip. Will compile a youtube vid of it shortly. As for other things well, back in Seoul means continue to try to meet people / do well at work / make a gf so the same old priorities.