Ok, so beginning of 2019, my New Years resolution is to make back the money I lost last year. Which is around $150k give or take. I know, that’s ALOT of money to make back, and I’m still trying to figure how to make that much money back *while* giving me a path to go back to Korea (cause I dont want to stay forever alone).
So the obvious choices for a job is to either be a freelancer or find remote work like I did last time I lived in Korea. Problem is freelancer work isnt really stable, and finding a full time remote job like before isn’t that simple either, not many companies are willing to do it, and even less if I want to work from Korea (thus necessitating my own hours pretty much).
Or I can live in Korea and be an English tutor or teacher, that always works but its not the job I like to do. And if I do that I need some additional income streams. So what are some options for side jobs?
1) Earn money from Youtube. Hey, I already do that. I make around $75-$100 a month from Youtube revenues now. It’s not that much, but it will pay for the cellphone bill each month.
2) Earn money from Quora. Already doing this too, but Quora pays very little, only abut $10 a month on average for me. Again, a free meal every month but thats about it.
4) Start a Udemy course and sell the course to students. Again, similar to the Kindle thing, I need to be a good enough expert in a field to really make my own course teaching it, but maybe sometime in the future.
5) Rent out my house/apartment or AirBnb it. I need to get a place first, but I will most likely do this once I buy an apartment/condo in Vancouver in a few months.
6) Drive for Uber or Lyft. I need a car to do this, but definitely a nice weekend side job if I have nothing else to do and have a car.
7) Make advertising / affiliate revenue blogging. I am not a well known enough blogger to make any money from it.
8) Stream video games on Twitch and earn advertiser revenue. Not a good enough or entertaining enough gamer to do this either.
9) Sell my own merchandise on my own store using Shopify and Droplift. I don’t have my own brand that I’m selling right now, I would probably need around 200k ish subscribers before I have a market of people to sell my brand to.
10) Start a Patreon and get folks to support you. Again, if my Youtube channel surpasses 200k ish subscribers then I can see myself doing this but I’m not popular enough now.
11) Invest money in dividend stocks. This is recurring revenue, and something I would like to look at more once I have more money saved up.
12) Invest money in Masternode coins. This is also recurring revenue but you have to be careful to avoid the ponzi ones (I fell victim to several last year and lost around $15k to them), and definitely more riskier than dividend stocks (crypto in general is riskier than stocks) but could definitely have potential for higher return if invested in the right ones.
13) Mining coins. Bitcoin is no longer profitable to mine, and so is most other coins out there. You need dedicated machines and/or equipment to mine, and given the bear market right now, its probably better to go for the PoS coins rather than PoW.